Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A child's vote counts on this blog

I just figured out why my daughter has been asking me for so long to put a poll on the blog that asks you who you want to vote for.  Why is an eight year old concerned with these matters?  Apparently, at school, there are several children talking politics.  In fact, they each have some pretty strong opinions about the candidates they like and don't like.   A few days ago, the girl came home and said, "Mom,  so and so said that if Obama gets to be president, he'll take away Disneyland."  Really.  I guess scare tactics run in children's circles as well as adults. 
 
This afternoon we put the poll up together.  As soon as it posted the girl says, can I vote?  Of course you can vote.  So she clicked on her favorite guy and then gave me a big smile.  I guess all she wanted was to vote.  Is that too much to ask?

No comments: