Friday, December 5, 2008

Bored Much?

I am looking for some new ideas of things to do around here in the winter time.  Besides snow skiing.  Brrr.  Does anyone have any ideas?  Typically when there is a day off of school or it's a weekend and we don't want to get bored, we usually head to the Y to go swimming.  It's something all my kids enjoy.  And we mix it up and go to different Ys.  The Caldwell Y is really fun.  But other than that I haven't been able to think of what else to do.....My kids love Planet Kid, but I'm such a germ phobe that I am completely avoiding places like that until after flu season.  So other than the Y and Planet Kid, does anyone have any suggestions for me? (Nothing too germy, please.)

Watch for my next post about my favorite house with holiday lights.  Here's a hint.  It's in Meridian and the lights are synched and timed with music that you listen to on your car radio. There's a sign in their yard that tells you which station to tune to.  I am happy to say that I am actually long time high school buds with these creative people. 

4 comments:

Kaylynn said...

So does this mean you are done reading for awhile? I've missed your fun posts. It was so fun to see you. I am trying to figure out how to post the picture of us on facebook - I'm sure I'll figure it out. Thanks for the chat over dinner. I wish it could have lasted all night. If you are really bored you could just hop in your car and drive to California - I'm sure we could keep you busy out here. Talk soon.

Amanda said...

Yes, done reading for a while unless Stephenie Meyer wants to actually finish Midnight Sun. I read the 12 chapters she posted on her website and it's so good.

Keep trying to post the pic on facebook. I'd love to see it. I guess it is my turn to come visit you....maybe in 20 years when we've saved up enough money.

Smullin Family said...

Outing suggestion:
Tell everyone about "Snow Village". This local lady, in Meridian, has been collecting miniature town pieces for 25 years. For the first time, this year, she's set up the whole village, in her garage, for the public to view. It's so cute.
She's open EVERY evening, from 5-7:00pm, until December 23rd. The entrance fee is a non-perishable food item (per person) or a cash donation for the Idaho Food Bank (suggestion $1 per person). She's located at; 2017 E. Lochmeadow Ct. Meridian, ID. Directions: N on Locust Grove (from Fairview),E on Chateau (light),go 2 blocks turn Left on Laughridge, go to end of road, turn Right on Lochmeadow St, go 1/2 block and turn Right on Lochmeadow Ct. It's the 1st house on the right. --Look for the cardboard box signs and signs on the garage.
Our family just went and saw this tonight. It's so cute and has so much detail. I told her I would tell everyone about it. She's worked so hard (puts in about 100 hours to set it up) and is doing it for a great cause. She says it's been pretty slow, so far. I thought I could help by getting the word out.
Go see "Snow Village" it's fun.
You're welcome to email me if you have questions.
Merry Christmas, Alisha Smullin alishasmullin@yahoo.com

Amanda said...

Thanks Alisha! I will get the info posted soon. Sounds like a lot of fun. I'll try and head over there tomorrow night and snap a few pictures.