Friday, October 15, 2010

Congratulations ReeSe, you are the winner of the Farmstead tickets. Thanks to everyone who participated!

 
This flaming red maple tree in our backyard is usually our first clue that fall is in the air.

 
Soon we make a trip to the corn maze and pumpkin patch and bring home some cool-looking pumpkins for our front porch.  
Before we know it, the wind has taken the leaves from the trees and I find tiny and not-so-tiny feet sticking out from under the leaves. 


And a new fall tradition this year.  Healthy soups for dinner.  Maui Black Bean Soup, Moroccan Pumpkin Soup, Roasted Butternut Squash Soup,  Roasted Root Vegetable Soup, Squash, Bean and Corn Soup,  Lamb Stew with Beans and Pumpkin, Roasted Red Pepper Soup, Roasted Tomato and Black Bean Soup (pictured above) and many, many more.  Mmmmm, I love fall.  

And I know you do, too.  Thank you so much for sending in your comments about your fall family traditions.  It was a pleasure to read about the things you love to do during this wonderful time of year.  And a big welcome to the family who just moved here from Florida who will be experiencing their first ever fall in Idaho.  I hope you enjoy it.  Since you are new to town, let me suggest my favorite photographer.  I know a lot of you mentioned taking family pictures in the fall, that's also something we like to do.  In fact, that picture of the toes in the leaves was taken by Sweet Grace, a division of Cazier Photography.  Cazier Photography is the most professional and amazing family photographer in Idaho.  You will love your experience with them.  Without further ado, I would like to announce the winner of my very first giveaway----four tickets to the Farmstead Corn Maze and Pumpkin Festival!  The winner was chosen by random selection.  (I told my husband to pick a number between 1 and 23).
And the winner is......ReeSe! Congratulations ReeSe, you are the winner of four tickets to the Farmstead.  Email me your mailing address and I will mail these tickets to you asap.  


Thanks for playing everyone!  If I ever get another opportunity like this in the future I will be sure to let you know.   Maybe I can hit someone up for some Idaho Stampede tickets or other sporting event.  (I doubt my husband is willing to raffle off his BSU Bronco football tickets).   Go Broncos!

1 comment:

ReeSe said...

Yeah!! I'm so excited. I rarely win anything. My fam is going to have a blast. Thanks!!!