Sunday, November 21, 2010

Capital Tree Lighting Monday night

I don't know about you, but I'm scratching my head about what to do with my kids this week.  Typically we don't have the entire week of Thanksgiving off of school, so I can't go off of what we've done in the past.  We don't usually do anything this week but go to school and the eat like crazy on Thanksgiving day.  Now I have to figure out something to do for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday.  

Here's what I have planned for Monday evening,  a night at the Capital building for the Christmas tree lighting.  We've never done that before and it's free so I think we'll give it a try.  Of course, we'll have to bundle up because the weather is supposed to be cold that night.  We might wimp out if the wind is blowing.  We'll see.  What are you doing this week?

Warning:  Rafiki is temporarily closed.  Do not attempt a visit to Rafiki because you'll find everything gone.  Like everything.  We were totally bummed to drive all the way there last Friday and find them closed.  Since the place was completely empty of everything I assumed they had went out of business.  There wasn't a "we are moving" sign on the door or anything to indicate a change of venue.  We nearly shed tears on the way home.  However, when we got home I looked closely at their website and realized that they aren't out of business, they are just moving locations.  They will soon be located just a few miles from my house.  So we're cool with that.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did RAFIKI successfully relocate? Phone number is disconnected and I haven't been able to figure out where they are now(I'm new in town) even though their website is still up.

Amanda said...

Hi. Ya know, it's the weirdest thing. I was really upset that Rafiki closed down and there wasn't any indication of that on the website or anywhere else. Even if you look at their website today it looks like they are still in business. I think that is only because they are trying to sell franchises.

At first I thought they were just moving, but apparently they have closed and sold off part of their equipment. A new place opened up in Meridian and has much of their equipment, the slides, play structure, toys, etc. However, we have visited the new place in Meridian and we weren't big fans. The space was too small for the number of people and the amount of play structure. It just felt really cramped. But that's just me, I have a need for open space so for someone else it may be okay. It's very similar to Rafiki, same concept, but for some reason didn't feel as relaxed to me -- just felt like a daycare. I took some pictures with the intention of blogging about it but just haven't had the time to do so. Eek, I'm such a slacker.

Here is the name and website of the new place in case you're interested. Just Kid N' Around http://www.justkidnaround.net/

PS Welcome to town! We are so glad to have you. Please contact me again if you ever have any questions about anything Idaho. :)