Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Farm's Dead

My favorite place to go in the fall is the Farmstead. The husband calls it the Farm's dead because he thinks he's funny. I've already been there three times this year. Each time has been so much fun. I took the kids last Friday and the weather was so nice. We were there for over two hours and still didn't get to do everything that we wanted to do. We would have stayed longer but we had to get home for dinner. I kept my wristband on and returned later that night with my husband and we had a fun date night. I thought he would get us lost in the maze for sure, but he surprisingly got us out in 15 minutes.

What to expect from the Farmstead:
Lots and lots of activities that are fun for all ages.
Corn maze. (In the shape of a penny this year).
Fun slides. Jumping pillow.
Corn box. (I found a kernel in our washing machine a few days later). Duck races.
Barnyard animals. Petal Cart races.
Saddle roping. Straw maze.
Pony rides. (Costs extra).
Cow train. Pig races.
Pumpkin patch. Hay ride.
Food court. Field of Screams. (No, thanks. My husband and I did the corn maze, the slide, the jumping pillow, food court, and the hay ride on our date. No Field of Screams for us).

Why I love the Farmstead so much.
Clean. Family-friendly. Organized. Not crowded. Big and spread out, but not too spread out. Plenty of bathrooms close by with hand washing stations. There's lots to do and the activities are actually fun. Plenty of picture taking moments. No lines. No waiting. Good exercise. Well- lit at night. You're out in nature. You're there for at least two hours so it's worth the drive and worth the money. I'm a sucker for pumpkins.

What you should know before going.
Before entering the corn maze, make sure you don't already have to pee. I felt like I was going to pee my pants the whole time we were searching for the exit. Which felt like a very long time. Dress warm. Wear shoes and socks and long pants on a warm day, and a coat, gloves, and hat if you're going on a cold, windy day or at night.
Another tip: You can find coupons in the Book of Good Deals that comes in the mail and on the Farmstead website on the upper right hand corner. We used a 2 for 1 coupon that is good for 6 people. We all got in for half price! And then, when the husband and I went back for our date later that night, we just had to pay for him since I still had my wristband on. Sweet. They also have group discounts for four dollars per person. See their website for details.

****Four out of four stars. Check out our pictures below.

No comments: