Friday, July 18, 2008

Camel's Back Park


Today we ventured to Camel's Back Park in the North End. My kids had never been there before and everybody had a fun time. The thing that makes this park so unique is the huge foothill that's accessible to climb. It's an easy hike to the top. It took us about fifteen minutes to get to the top. There's the option to go straight up or zigzag to the top. We took the zigzag up and the zigzag down. I carried the baby in my arms along with everyone's water bottles. My son took the lead and beat us all to the top. When we were finished, and resting at the bottom, he said, "Let's climb the mountain again."

Besides the "mountain" there's also a playground, a large grassy area, and lots of shade. Nearby is Hyde Park. Next time we go to this park we plan to walk through Hyde Park afterward and get a snow cone.

I would recommend wearing shoes and socks for the hike and bring a water bottle and maybe a camera. To find this park and others, click on my link to Boise City Parks.

Four out of four stars.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Amanda- I love this blog!! Looks great, and wonderful info. Thank you!!