Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Pojos Arcade


During Christmas break, I took the kids to Pojos. There were lots of fun things to do with the girl, the boy, and the baby. The boy liked this game where you roll the ball into one of the holes to get the monster truck to race to the finish line. He also liked skee ball, although I was sure he was going to knock someone out with the way he kept throwing the balls.

All the kids enjoyed the carousel. Especially the baby.



The boy especially loved all the car games. I didn't even need to put money in them for him to enjoy them. At the end, the kids swapped the tickets they had earned from the arcade games for some cool junk and we were on our way.

****Four out of four stars. We recommend Pojos because it's great family fun. (Just don't go there on a Friday or Saturday night. Too many teens!) Also, when you go you should know that this is an old(er) facility. It's been around since I was a kid. It's not as nice as Boondocks (now Wahooz, btw) but not as expensive either. Especially if you print off a coupon before you go. They have coupons that you can use for almost any day of the week. See their website for coupons, hours of operation, and directions.

9 comments:

Kaylynn said...

I miss PoJo's!

Mama Yo said...

What is the deal with Boondocks changing their name to Wahooz anyway? They should have just called it Wazoo since that is what you think of when you read it.

Anonymous said...

LOVE Pojo's. I try to go back there everytime I go to Boise. I really enjoy the "Milk the cow" game (by the bathroom. um. wtf?)

Anonymous said...

that was me, Emi, it wasn't letting me post with my acct.

E said...

Plus, they have always have at least one game that's broken and will start spitting out tickets when you give it a little shake.

Amanda said...

One thing I really love about this blog is how 90% of the comments come from my out-of-state friends. I really do appreciate it guys!!!! You are my inspiration.
I don't think anyone else is reading. So keep up the good comments. I need them.

Anonymous said...

true story. My brother's friend took his fam there for halloween last year. Tragically, his kindergarten aged son was victimized by a 20-something guy in the restroom. The family hasn't been the same since.

Amanda said...

Oh, that's horrible. I'm so sorry to hear that. Thank you for reminding us that there are a lot of sick people in this world and we need to keep our kids safe, especially at places designed for kids. I appreciate your comment.

Emi said...

I'm now officially bored of Pojo's. What's next??????